The Kind Diet is a book written by acclaimed actress Alicia Silverstone – you may know her from Clueless – who is also a very voiced vegetarian, environmentalist and strong lover of/advocate for animals. Basically, this book points dieters in the direction of eating and leading a vegan lifestyle while outlining the benefits of such. The diet itself consists of plant-based foods that help you lose weight, feel better, protect animals and save the overall planet.
Some benefits of changing your eating habits with The Kind Diet:
- Weight loss.
- Clearer skin.
- Increase in energy levels.
- Smoother digestive function.
The book takes you through three different levels so that you can gradually work your way into this new lifestyle at a pace that is ideal for you. Flirts, vegans and superheroes are the three levels.
1. Within the flirt level, you will gradually replace meat with plant-based products rather than to eliminate everything and just go at it. So, it’s sort of like you are “flirting” with the vegan lifestyle.
2. At the next level, the vegan level, you will not be eating any type of animal meats or products at all; however, you are still using substitutes for meats in addition to fruits, veggies and whole grains. With that said, you are experiencing the wonderful effects of going on a vegan diet.
3. At the last level of the superheros, you are eating vegetables, whole grains and other foods that Alicia outlines in the book. This last level gives you the clarification that you are doing something good for the planet and cute, furry animals.
You might be eating a bowl of cereal with soy milk for breakfast or maybe even a piece of toast with avocados while for lunch you could have a vegetarian burrito or a tossed salad and herb roasted potatoes. For dinner and dessert/snack, you might eat herbed or steamed broccoli and spaghetti or rustic pasta with marinara sauce and peanut butter cups or peach cobbler.
Pros of The Kind Diet
- Easy to read.
- Consists of about 100 recipes.
- Quick results can be seen.
- Consists of stages for the changes in your eating habits rather than taking the changes all at once.
- This lifestyle helps the planet and animals while promoting an overall better well-being for yourself.
Cons of The Kind Diet
- Could be too extreme and difficult to follow for many.
- Meats are prohibited.
- Some claim the recipes are not completely concise and/or have very strong tastes (sour, sweet, etc.).
- Ingredients for some of the meals may be difficult to get your hands on if you live in a small, rural area and do not have access to a health food store.
No related posts.