The South Beach Diet Supercharged is the new and improved version of the very popular and successful South Beach diet. The guru behind the new plan is cardiologist Dr. Agatston who came up with a healthier eating plan. Working with exercise physiologist Dr. Signorile, the two doctors have expanded the South Beach diet with improved recipes, a three phase exercise program, the latest nutritional information and inspiring success stories.
- This diet plan really focuses on proper diet and wholesome foods.
- There are many excellent tips and pointers for cooking the meals you need in order to stick with the diet. Hints on what to do when going out to dinner and exercising are also very useful.
- The Supercharged South Beach diet plan encourages interval training as part of the exercise component, which is very effective and efficient.
- There are over 40 new vegetarian recipes available with the diet plan.
- Some of their nutritional information is not clear.
- Many of the pre-packaged meals are high in artificial sugars, which some complain have a laxative effect.
Just like the original South Beach diet, this new ‘supercharged’ version still emphasises low starch vegetables, lean proteins and low fat dairy. There are still three meals a day plus snacks as you need them. In phase one you eat only lean protein, very small amounts of fat and only low glycemic vegetables. Phase two allows you to eat whole grains, fruit and alcohol in moderation along with the phase one foods. If you are a vegetarian you will really appreciate the new possibilities in the Supercharged South Beach diet plan.
While on this plan you will work your way through high intensity and low intensity interval training exercises with a focus on a 10 week walking plan. There are also 27 strength and conditioning exercises designed to build muscle and help you develop that chiselled look we all want. There are instructions and photos to help you through the exercise program.
There is also a DVD that can be purchased along with the book to show off the newly designed exercises that are to be done for 20 minutes every day of the week. A very worthwhile investment.
The South Beach diet has thousands of practitioners and many success stories. It really does work. With the new Supercharged South Beach diet plan and its focus on new meal options (with vegetarian choices) and a top notch exercise plan, there is bound to be even more success stories out there in the future. The exercise plan is so important to any weight loss program and you won’t be disappointed with this one. This really addresses the missing component of the old South Beach diet. There is also a real emphasis on nutritional education, which will allow you to change your behavior and maintain a new and healthy lifestyle that you can stick with for life. Give the Supercharged South Beach diet a try and be amazed at how you feel and look.