Written by famous television chef Rocco DiSpirito, the Now Eat This Diet Cookbook claims that is consists of all the most popular comfort foods known in American, all under 350 calories. His goal of this book is to take popular comfort foods and turn them into foods that are more ideal for you if you are looking to lose weight or to get in better health by reducing the calorie count to less than 350 calories. In addition, these foods are low in fat and contain no sugar.
The way he can take foods that are normally not considered to be diet foods and turn them into diet foods is by utilizing ingredients that are normally not used such as whole-wheat pasta, Greek yogurt, cauliflower, etc. These foods are made to help not just enhance nutrition while encouraging weight loss and reduction of calories but also adding fiber to the diet, which is beneficial to one’s health while also helping you fill up faster reducing the chance of overeating.
This book is more of a cookbook than anything else so exercise is not highly touched upon; however, you can be motivated by this book to get out and exercise by reading DiSpirito’s personal weight loss story, which is included. He states that he used a personal trainer and two sessions per day of cardio training, which led to 30 dropped pounds.
Believe it or not, here are some amazing transformations that he can make and that you will find within the book:
- Onion rings are usually 1,800 calories but DiSpirito can make them around 342.
- Fried chicken is able to lose more than half of its original calorie count from 549 to 204 calories.
- Brownies drop from 1,500 calories to 53 calories.
Some substitutions that DiSpirito uses:
- In brownies, he utilizes black beans rather than the fats and flour.
- Greek yorgurt is used instead of butter in mac and cheese as well as other foods.
Pros of Now Eat This
- Includes 150 recipes that are all family-friendly.
- Provides the ability to consume your favorite foods but being capable of losing weight at the same time.
- Each recipes contains less than 350 calories.
- All recipes are incredibly easy in terms of preparation.
- All nutritional information is provided with each and every recipe in the book.
Cons of Now Eat This
- This is only a book of recipes and not necessarily a diet or a fitness regimen.
No related posts.